HEALTH AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
HTOO Group's Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work & business activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of employees, business associates, partners, sub-contractors and vendors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
Will provide and maintain as far as possible:
- a safe working environment
- safe systems of work
- plant and substances in safe condition
- facilities for the welfare of workers
- information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each employee is safe from injury and risks to health
- a commitment to consult and co-operate with employees in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
- a commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Each employee has an obligation to:
- comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to facilities and equipment
- take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
- wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
- comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety
- report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
- report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
HTOO Group and its subsidiaries are committed to reducing the impact on the environment. We will strive to improve our environmental performance over time and to initiate additional projects and activities that will further reduce our impacts on the environment.
Our commitment to the environment extends to our customers, our staff, and the community in which we operate. We are committed to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental regulations;
- Prevent pollution whenever possible;
- Train all of our staff on our environmental program and empower them to contribute and participate;
- Communicate our environmental commitment and efforts to our customers, staff, and our community; and
- Continually improve over time by striving to measure our environmental impacts and by setting goals to reduce these impacts each year.
Furthermore, we undertake our social responsibilities more actively together with our CSR arm of the Group, HTOO Foundation.
APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
We seek the co-operation of all employees, business associates, partners, sub-contractors and vendors, authorised visitors. We encourage suggestions for realising our health, safety and environmental objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate with minimal impact on the environment.
This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where workers are required to work off-site.