- Promote greater awareness of proper land acquisition process in all of its operations;
- Enhance its capabilities to identify and manage adverse impacts from all business activities; and
- Respect landownership rights and avoid involuntary resettlement wherever possible
Withe reference to International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) Performance Standards five, seven and eight, the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Safeguard policy and local land acquisition legislation, the Group is required to safeguard the proper land acquisition process by:
- Making specific reference to this Land Acquisition Policy in the Group’s standards, policies, procedures;
- Conducting land acquisition due diligence reviews of ongoing activities and new business opportunities to avoid adverse impacts to the communities in which we operate;
- Advocating to avoid, minimise and reduce adverse resolution of disputes involving land use or ownership rights;
- Avoiding and minimising involuntary resettlement by exploring alternatives;
- ensuring livelihood restoration plans are in place with full disclosure of information, including monitoring and resettlement progress programmes.
IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS POLICY
- Promoting land acquisition guidelines, procedures and principles of Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC)
- Monitoring, reporting and improving of applicable procedures and performances (where required) regularly; and
- Disseminating Land Acquisition policy to all employees, contractors, suppliers and business partners.
This policy implies to all employees, contractors, suppliers and business partners.