HTOO GROUP is committed to conducting business in an ethical and responsible manner. We respect and support international principles aimed at protecting and promoting human rights, as described in the United Nations’ Universal Declaration on Human Rights and the International Labour Organization’s (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work. In our business operations, HTOO Group seeks to operate in compliance with all applicable laws wherever we do business.
While the government have the primary responsibility for protecting and upholding the human rights of their citizens, HTOO Group recognizes its responsibility to respect human rights in its operations. In addition, we recognize that we have an opportunity to promote human rights where we can make a positive contribution. This includes, among other things, opposing human trafficking and the exploitation of children.
COMPANY WORKPLACE POLICIES
We strive to foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces wherever we do business. HTOO Group and its subsidiaries' workplace policies and practices include commitments to non-discrimination and freedom from harassment, and require that the company refrain from knowingly entering into relationships that, directly or indirectly, expose cast members and employees to undue health and safety risks, or that use child, prison or forced labor, or other similarly exploitative practices. These policies are detailed in our Code of Conduct. Disney provides its Standards of Business Conduct to employees and periodically provides training to employees on topics covered within the Standards.
HUMAN RIGHTS WITHIN OUR REACH
We also strive to foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces wherever our business operations are. We expect the same commitment from business associates, partners, sub-contractors and vendors regards to labor standards and working conditions. The principles embodied in our Code are designed to be consistent with the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
THE RIGHTS OF CHILDREN AND THE YOUNG
The well-being of children is of the utmost importance to HTOO Group. We are committed to combating the exploitation of children and therefore prohibit any use of child labor in our business operations. Children’s safety is also of paramount importance to our group. The extensive safety and security management systems, programs and practices in areas of our operations include a range of elements designed to meet the specific needs of protecting children.
BRINGING THESE POLICIES TO LIFE
- Our commitment to respect human rights is a core value of all businesses within The Group, and we take active steps to reflect that commitment in our everyday activities:
- We report on our principles and performance in periodic reports to our Board of Directors and in our periodic Reports to shareholders and the public.
- We expect and encourage employees throughout our business operations to make these principles and practices a part of their everyday work, and hold our employees accountable for adhering to our Standards of Business Conduct.
- We train employees , monitor working conditions, and implement facility improvement plans when necessary.
- Our Executive Management Committee group oversees our policies and practices in all of these areas, with support from Human Resources, Legal and other functions as needed.
- We keep our policies and practices relating to human rights under continuous review, recognizing the need to stay vigilant in a rapidly changing and challenging world.
In support of all of these efforts, we place special value on our ongoing collaboration with a broad range of interested constituencies, including socially responsible investors, governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations; advocacy groups and concerned individuals. This broad engagement helps keep us sensitive to the potential impacts — positive and negative — of our products, services and operations on the rights, interests and well-being of our employees, guests, customers and communities around the country.